Looking to rent office space for your law firm? Here’s where the best of the best make it happen. Like most other commercial real estate tenants, most law firms call Midtown home; though there are some that have moved downtown in the past few years.
1. 4 Times Square – Known as the Condé Nast Building, 4 Times Square is an eco-friendly modern skyscraper in Midtown. The major office space tenants in 4 Times Square are composed of Condé and Skadden, Arps, the wealthiest law firm in the United States. The building stretches 48 stories high, making it the 12th tallest building in New York City.
2. 825 Eighth Avenue – Also known as One Worldwide Plaza, 825 Eighth Avenue is part of a three-building, mixed-use commercial and residential complex. One Worldwide Plaza is the commercial component, stretching 49 stories high. The building has three separate entrances meant to accommodate the various commercial tenants in the building, which formerly included international advertising agency Ogilvy & Mather. Currently, 825 Eighth Avenue is home to the law firm of Cravath, Swaine and Moore, who occupy 600,000 square feet of space.
3. 1155 Avenue of the Americas – Home to the North American offices of law firm White & Case, 1155 Avenue of the Americas is a 40-story skyscraper designed by Emery Roth. It’s home to 400 White & Case lawyers, and it’s been the home of the firm for many years.
4. 450 Lexington Avenue – Home to law firm Davis Polk, 450 Lexington Avenue stretches above Grand Central Terminal, boasting 40 stories. Built over the historic Grand Central Station Post Office, the building makes a strong statement on an important Midtown Manhattan site while still remaining true to the architectural details of its base. Davis Polk currently leases 650,000 square feet at 450 Lexington Avenue.
5. 140 Broadway – Of course, you cannot neglect downtown Manhattan, where the space is cheap and the views are just so-so. Located between Liberty and Cedar Streets in the Financial District, 140 Broadway is a 52 story, 1.2 million square foot office space tower. Law firm Chang & Boos currently calls 140 Broadway home.